Research at the Lincoln School of Journalism is diverse and reflects the interests of academic staff. The main aims and objectives are to:
- Examine developments across a range of aspects in both mainstream and alternative journalism.
- Explore various models of journalism and the development of those models.
- Investigate the diverse and evolving genres of journalism.
- Examine ethical problems identified within these genres.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues at other universities and relevant organisations to expand our knowledge and understanding of our areas of practice.
- Undertake research on regulatory institutions, policies and professions.
- Situate ourselves within international media business concentrations.
- Draw on the specialist research interests of our staff and postgraduate researchers in innovative and imaginative projects.